Sunday, July 19, 2015

Winter Hat Knitting


Long time no post. I  know. Sorry. I have been hat knitting though! I finished the Kate Davies peerie-flooers (below) and the Donna Smith Donna Smith Baa-ble-hat (above). These were my first attempts at colourwork and it was fun! The shetland wool was a bit hard on my fingers and wrists. I knitted the Baa-ble hat in sportweight bluebell patons wool which was a bit easier. I experimented with the pattern and ended up making the hat too small. It was supposed to be for a one year old child but it was too small so it would be perfect for a baby hat I think. I modified the adult pattern, changing to smaller needles and lighter yarn. Check out http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FayKnits3/baa-ble-hat for details on how I did it.


I also knitted this  Slouchy hat (below) in Opal Hot and Spicy yarn. I love this yarn. I think I need to buy more Opal yarns and knit more hats and socks in it! 
I'm currently knitting lace socks and still going on the Susan Pandorf  Evenstar. I'm loving knitting all the hats and still having a large lace project. 
Happy Knitting!
 

3 comments:

  1. Terrific hats my friend. Hope you are feeling well.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colourwork - so impressive! I struggled with the handle of the Shetland too...but I'm torn; I love the look of it knitted up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know. I found knitting in bluebell patons sportweight was easier to knit with than the Shetland Jamieson and Smith yarn. You're right though, Shetland looks fabulous knitted up!:)

      Delete

I love reading your comments!