Sunday, September 1, 2013

Beads, Lace, Beads!



 So I enrolled in the Craftsy class Knitting with Beads with Laura Nelkin designs. I'm totally loving it. Laura is a fabulous teacher. I thought I would start with her Pioneer Cuff to learn the different ways of getting the beads into the knitting. The picture above shows the cuff being blocked and I still have to stitch on the clasps. I'm going to give it to my sister. The yarn I used is a navy/indigo bamboo yarn but I don't think I would use it again, perhaps choosing a lace weight yarn for the next one.

 I think I'm becoming a little obsessed with beads! I love them! They are so sparkly and shiny! I know I just adore yarns, but combining them with beads is just totally fun! <3 p="">


 Yesterday, I thought I could manage knitting at my kid's soccer game. However, when the game got exciting I kept losing my place, so it's probably not the best choice of knitting for soccer!

 I'm still working on the Fylleryd Shawl by Mia Rinde and am still trying to decide where to place my beads. I chose a raspberry coloured bead and think I will use the crochet method to bead it. I started on the second last chart on this today and am going to keep the nupps (I just have to remember exactly how to do them!) and add the beads on the edge somewhere....still undecided. I also can't place the beads yet as I'm waiting for the tiny .75 crochet hook to arrive from England. I ordered it with my yarn for the Morticia MKAL which I am so excited about. I ordered the Fyberspates Scrumptious Lace (merino/silk) in shade Midnight, and crochet hook fromWoolstack . The colour Midnight is a deep, dark blue and when it arrives I will take it and choose some shimmery silver grey/blue beads. Oooooh, it is going to be so fun! The MKAL will take the whole of October, so I'm knitting away to get through the Fylleryd Shawl before October! I have one month from today. I'd better get click-clacking!
I love the view from my knitting spot window. Happy Knitting! :)



1 comment:

  1. You are my hero, first all that lace and now beads, too. I don't think I could do all that. I used to knit at swim meets, but it would have to be something really simple, or I always lost my place.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!