Saturday, August 24, 2013

Exciting MKAL and Beads!

Spring is on it's way! I love these little muscari flowers and am awaiting spring with anticipation!

I've been knitting up a storm as I am now trying to finish my Fylleryd by the beginning of October as I have signed up for the Mystery Knit Along on Ravelry by Boo  which starts October 1st and concludes in time to wear the shawl on Halloween. It is called Morticia and I'm totally addicted already. It is going to be a beaded shawl and I've been spending way too much time browsing for my yarn online! Once I have the yarn, I'll go to my local bead shop and get the beads. I am thinking of Fiberspates Scrumptious Lace in either Slate or Midnight. It is a merino silk blend and I have never knitted silk before so this is my perfect opportunity. If I choose the slate, I could use silver beads and if I choose midnight, I could get darker sparkly grey beads. I'm also trying to decide whether to buy the yarn from U.S or U.K as I cannot seem to find any in Australia. I'm thinking UK at this point. It will take a few weeks to get here so I have to decide soon! Ahh, I'm totally loving yarn hunting!:)

I've also been busy once a week teaching people to knit at my local library. I started up a knitting/crochet group with the help of my friend who is a librarian there and it has been growing in numbers every week. Last week we had five ladies come and I have taught someone something new every week, which I find really fun. Sometimes it is just showing someone how to cast on or how to purl. There are some ladies who come and crochet baby items and others who are knitting cardigans and scarves. It is an enjoyable couple of hours and we are lucky to have a fabulous library with a cafe in it so we can have a cuppa too!

Well, that's it for now. I am going to have to get back to knitting Fylleryd. I'm almost up to the second chart. I've decided to replace the nupps for sparkly beads as I also enrolled in the Craftsy class Knitting with Beads with Laura NelkinLaura Nelkin. I'm loving it so far. I got it when it was 50% off so I was very happy as it will give me a good start on knitting with beads before the MKAL. Oooh la la, so much knitting to do! I'd better get on with it! Happy Knitting :)





1 comment:

  1. I love that you are teaching knitting, think how many people you will touch with the love you have for the craft.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!