Sunday, May 15, 2011

Shhhh! Secret Birthday Knitting.

 I am secretly knitting these gorgeous butterfly fingerless gloves by Stephanie Dosen, a fabulous designer on Ravelry.  This pattern is in Yarn Forward mag, Spring 2011 issue. It also has an article on this wonderful designer. I'm knitting them for one of my daughter's birthday at the end of the month, so I'd better get cracking! I'm knitting the gloves in creme wool and making the butterflies in a soft angora blue.
 Check out my handy-work! I've made a kind of trellis for my sweet peas to grow up using branches from a silver birch and tortured willow trees. I used string to create a little climbing frame for them. I think it will look great when the sweet peas are in bloom!

4 comments:

  1. Both look very nice indeed, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I love secret knitting projects. I also love your trellis, very creative! Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for the wonderful sweet peas. I LOVE the fingerless gloves - wish I could follow knitting patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the butterfly fingerless gloves are an amazing project. Your yarn choices sound perfect. Can't wait to get a sneak peek...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!